Remote Tuition offers students the opportunity to develop their skills and work with Gary without having to meet face to face.
Why choose Remote Tuition?
Most students simply need ongoing practice of key techniques and reassurance that they’re on the correct track. Unfortunately with large class sizes in schools students don’t always get as much regular feedback as they need to feel confident. Remote tuition guarantees weekly marked assignments with tips, tricks and stylistic advice offered so students can sharpen up! Remote tuition also gives students a sense of taking responsibility for their own learning and I’ve seen dramatic improvements in skill and confidence achieved using this approach.
Who is it for?
Remote tuition is useful for achieving various outcomes – supporting ongoing classwork, transitioning to a new course, or getting ready to repeat a course. Remote tuition is bespoke and tailored to the individual needs of the student at a level that is right for them. Changes will be made to the level of work, if required, as tuition advances.
How Does it Work?
- The student receives concise study materials on a weekly topic and carefully selected practice questions. Study materials are around 2 pages long.
- The student reviews the study material, answers the questions and returns them.
- The solutions are checked, corrections and comments made and returned to the student.
- If the student has struggled with the questions follow-up materials will be sent. This may be an instructional video, different practice questions or further reading material – whatever is most likely to clear up the confusion!
- The student has their own online private folder where they can access study material, previous assignments and feedback at any time.